It would seem plenty of gamers have been spending the weekend playing Game of Thrones while sitting on their gamer thrones – it’s this week’s highest new entry, arriving at #6.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Solider is #1 for the third week running. The only other two games to stay at #1 for three weeks or more this year are FIFA 12 and FIFA Street.
Following behind to make up to the UK’s top five are Max Payne 3, FIFA 12,Battlefield 3 and Sniper Elite V2.
Rayman Origins has risen up slightly this week, going from #30 to #24. We assume that’s because of the newly released 3DS version. It’s in at #7 in the 3DS chart.
Stock replenishment of Diablo III has also helped Blizzard’s PC RPG re-enter the chart – it’s back in at #22 with sales up 543% from last week.
The wet and horrid weekend just gone was a perfect one for getting glued to a new RPG. We even managed to find time to defeat the notoriously tough Ur-Dragon in Dragon’s Dogma.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has ended Max Payne 3‘s reign at the top of the PS3 chart. Rockstar’s stylish shooter drops to second, above FIFA 12 which climbs a massive six places to third. Elsewhere, DiRT Showdown falls four places to eight, below FIFA Street and Sniper Elite V2.
The top ten in full:
1. (2) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft))
2. (1) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar
3. (9) FIFA 12 (Electronic Arts)
4. (3) Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
5. (5) Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
6. (7) Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games)
7. (6) FIFA Street (Electronic Arts)
8. (4) DiRT Showdown (Codemasters)
9. (10) Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts)
10. (8) Prototype 2 (Activision)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2012 UKIE Ltd.